Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2021

Boiling points of Liquids.





Boiling points of Liquids.


(You will need to record your experiment using your chromebook.)


Aim: To boil 2 different liquids and record their boiling points.


Hypothesis: I think that water will have the highest boiling point then the Mentholated Spirits.


Equipment:


Test tubes

Bunsen burner

Beaker

Heatproof mat

Tripod

Gauze mat

Beaker

Tongs

Thermometer

Methylated Spirits.


Method:


  1. Set up your bunsen burner with the tripod, gauze mat, beaker and water.

  2. Light the Bunsen burner.

  3. Pour 100ml of water into a beaker.

  4. Place the Thermometer in the water and record its temperature once it boils.

  5. When it has boiled turn off the Bunsen Burner. IT MUST BE OFF.

  6. Add 20ml of Methylated spirits to the test tube.

  7. Place the test tube of methylated spirits in the water beaker.

  8. Place the thermometer in the Methylated Spirits.

  9. Record its temperature.



My Temperature chart


Liquid

Boiling Temperature

Water

100

Methylated Spirits

75\85



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.