Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2020

The history about the gold rush

Gold rush

Hi everyone we have been learning about gold rush in New Zealand here is a part of the history.
Hope yo like it. 

The first person that discovered of gold in New Zealand was Charles Ring. he only found a tiny amount of gold in the Driving Creek near the town of Coromandel in 1852. 
Some years later there were more discoveries around Golden Bay and Marlborough, Otago and on the West Coast. 
No one knows exactly how much gold has been found in New Zealand. Official records show that up to 2003 a total of 998.71 tonnes had been mined about 0.8% of all the gold mined in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.