Pages

Friday 20 November 2020

Solar System

What is a Solar System? 

The sun together with all the planets and other bodies that revolve around it. 

What is the Milky Way an example of? 

The concentration of stars in a band adds to the evidence that the Milky Way is a spiral galaxy.

What is a Star? 

star is a luminous ball of gas, mostly hydrogen and helium, held together by its own gravity.

Describe a Nebula. 

A disturbance in a nebula causes its center to begin collapsing from gravity.

How do Stars die? 

Most stars take millions of years to die. When a star like the Sun has burned all of its hydrogen fuel, it expands to become a red giant. 

Is there an up or down in space? 

In space, there is no up or down. That can mess with the human brain and affect the way people move and think in space. How can Stars be used to Navigate?



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.